Pollinators are an indispensable natural resource in agriculture and healthy ecosystems. Farmers and beekeepers are on the front line in playing a critical role for their survival.
About Bee Friendly Farming
Bee Friendly Farming (BFF) is a program that provides guidelines for farmers and growers interested in promoting pollinator health on their lands.
WHAT IS THE CRITERIA TO BE BEE FRIENDLY FARMING CERTIFIED?
- Offer forage providing good nutrition for bees on 3-6% of land.
- Plant continuous bloom of different flowering plants throughout the growing season, especially in early spring and late autumn in temperate regions.
- Offer clean water for bees.
- Provide a variety of habitat for nesting through features such as hedgerows, natural brush, or bufferstrips.
- Practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM); reduce or eliminate the use of chemicals.
- Pay the annual $35 certification fee.